Thursday, August 17, 2006

Nothing day

Not much happening today, a walk by the sea, a spot of photography. There was some activity on the beach actually; a host of birdwatchers gathering. An 'Aquatic Warbler' had been spotted. They seemed quite excited about it. We took the dog in the other direction...for safety reasons.

The beach got me thinking about places and how much a sense of place is important in 'Asboville'. My new novel is set in Glasgow (or some of it) and I've only been the once. I was immersed in the location that 'Asboville' was written in and feel I should go to Glasgow for a few days, just to see...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt sorry for you not having anyone respond so.....

The novel is beautiful and everyone I know has read it in one sitting....they only had praise and they all connected with it....SO THERE ....stop being so meek!

9:38 AM, September 14, 2006  
Blogger dovegreyreader said...

The offpsringette works for the Beeb in Glasgow, do e mail her for verification of any details, she'd be happy to oblige I'm sure.

9:12 AM, September 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home