Thursday, February 08, 2007

Snow Day


I got as far as reversing my car out of the driveway this morning before it got stuck on the hill and I decided to call in. There were at least fifteen other staff off when I called and the school manager said loads of kids were off too so I'm spending the day at home. Not even 'glorified' baby sitting is the order of the day in most schools when the snow comes, with kids heading off home at random moments after begging their parents to save them from the ordeal of being in school when all their friends are off enjoying themselves, no lessons, random classes of frustrated teens that were forced to attend and anxious teachers worrying about getting home themselves.

Got 1000 words written on new book, did some marking and took some photographs. The snow is already on the way out and by the time tomorrow comes around it'll be a memory. The pic is of our resident squirrel. I had a fright the other day. There was a terrible fracas in the trees and a sparrowhawk (or something larger) appeared with a pile of fluff in its claws. It flew off towards the cemetery, sounding a victory cry as it went! It may have had a squirrel, but I think it was a dove...or just my imagination! Whatever, there's a squirrel in the garden today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home