Thursday, February 15, 2007

Richmond Fontaine & The Endrick Brothers



Up in London on Tuesday evening for a great gig at Dingwalls in Camden. Richmond Fontaine are busy touring their latest album 'Thirteen Cities' and vocalist/guitarist Willy Vlautin's debut novel 'The Motel Life'. I managed to catch up with Willy at the end of the show for the briefest of chats. I wanted to swap him a copy of his novel for mine but naturally being a disorganised idiot I was late leaving home and forgot to take a copy with me. He probably thought I was a crazed stalker when I asked him for his address so I can send him a copy but he gave it to me all the same (well it is in Portland, Oregon and a PO BOX number so I'd have to be some stalker). He's on tour until early March so with a bit of luck there'll be a copy of 'Asboville' waiting for him the next time he checks his mail!!!

Just a word on The Endrick Brothers who are supporting RF on this tour. They're damn good and their new album 'Attraction Versus Love' is one of the best British 'Americana' albums I've heard since Lowgold. For those who like their comparisons, think early REM (Life's Rich Pageant territory) mixed with Teenage Fanclub...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home